Sunday, March 13, 2011

sunday bake week 7

Last week's bake was boston cream pie. that did not turn out so good because my cake broke.
Lucky it tasted good if not it would've been a waste haha.

So this week i decided to go with my all time fav!
CREAM PUFFS!!
My fav cream puff would be beard papa's cream puff.
The pastry is so soft and the custard sweet and creamy just so yummy.

So i got the recipe off the net and gave it a go but failed so decided to youtube it to see the technique.
I went with this video clickityclick

On the second try I got it right. I really thought it was very easy at first.
All the ingredients look simple enough.
Basically all you need is the right technique.


this is how it looked like when i popped it in the oven.


the dough is rising!!! my favorite part when baking.


tadaaaa! out of the oven. all you gotta do is wait for it to cool, then with a small knife make a hole
at the bottom of the puff for the cream to go in.

The cream inside you can actually choose wether to do the custard cream or creme chantilly.
I made creme chantilly for first batch and custard for second.

Creme chantilly is very easy to make.
Its just whipping cream, icing sugar, and vanilla.
You whip it until it peaks.
Then you put it in the piping bag to make it easy for you to put it in the puff

This was my creme chantilly

It is important to just let it cool first before you put the cream in.
In my case I just set all the puff aside and when I wanna eat it i take out the creme and pipe it in
That way it's nice and fresh! 


1 comment:

  1. this is a bad post to read at 05:30 la..lapa k! heheheh!

    ReplyDelete